Monday, February 18, 2008

Helen M Wildermuth 1919 - 1998

Peggy Taylor
My very favorite teacher was my P.E. teacher, Mrs. Wildermuth. She took all her athletes under her wing, had picnics at her home for us, etc. Having no children, we were her babies, I assume. She was truly "one of a kind." Truthfully, we had so many great teachers in school, we were very blessed. We had a small school and a terrific education.

Peggy Taylor '57


Mary Kay Parker

I had a wonderful high school experience - both with teachers and friends but one teacher stands out in my mind. Helen Wildermuth the gym teacher seemed to like all the girls, she did not demean anyone - not all girls had ability but she encouraged all to participate. I remember, while playing volleyball at an away game (I think Ritenour) I hurt my finger and said to Mrs. Wildermuth "take me out". She did not frown or hesitate, she called time and took me out. I had a broken finger. I may have been"short" but she made me feel big.

Mary Kay Parker '56

No comments: